The Program provides support for youth in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. Reintegration Workers act as mentors, tutors, and advocates in support of rehabilitation and reintegration for youth. They accomplish this through engagement and the establishment of a professional relationship and positive modeling. Support to youth is given in areas in which they are having the most difficulties such as school, home, accessing community resources, and leisure time.
- Assist youth to comply with a court order
- Support life skills using a cognitive-behavioral approach
- To mentor during a youth’s participation in programming
Reintegration Workers are available through St. Leonard’s Community Support Prevention and Residential Services in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties and are referred by a Probation Officer. Workers are matched with the client and will work directly with the Probation Officer, Executive Director of St Leonard’s Community and the Attendance Center Program Facilitator, monitoring the client’s response to community support.
- are one-to-one workers who support youth in compliance with their probation order
- strive to support youth living in the community
- have an understanding of current theories and practice in working with youth
- case conference with the youth’s Probation Officer to ensure compliance with their Case Management Plan
- may engage in recreational activities with the young person upon approval
- assist the youth to overcome personal obstacles such as emotional and academic concerns, navigating community resources, creating a resume, job search, obtaining I.D. and basic life skills