Temporary Full-Time Program Coordinator (12 to 13-month Maternity Leave)
St. Leonard’s is seeking a temporary full-time Program Coordinator to fill a maternity leave commencing in May. As a seasoned facilitator you will be
responsible for overseeing administration of the Attendance Centre Program, collecting, and reporting all statistical data, enhancing, and promoting
programming and supporting other facilitators to ensure program goals are being met.
Stemming from the amalgamation of two long standing organizations in 2020, St. Leonard’s Community Support, Prevention and Residential Services
(SLCSPRS) continues to provide a broad spectrum of care from prevention to intervention within Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. We aspire to
assist and enable youth and young adults who are, or at risk of being, in conflict with the law to build life skills, increase their understanding and
empathy, and to restore their self confidence and self-worth though effective, responsive, and accessible programs. Our staff work to support youth
development to help them grow into the best versions of themselves. Our key programs include Youthreach, Extrajudicial Measures, Extrajudicial
Sanctions, Youth Justice Committee, Attendance Centre, Reintegration Support, and Detention and Custody (males aged 12-17 years).
▪ Facilitate evidenced-based and evidence-informed programming to youth on probation.
▪ Maintain and distribute client caseloads in a manner which allows sufficient time to carry out the role and responsibilities of the Coordinator
▪ Responsible for all administrative duties, including file and case management, accepting and assigning referrals to facilitators, maintaining
organized open and archived files, destruction of aged files, and completing/submitting monthly statistical and MCCSS reports.
▪ Support and supervise facilitators and provide performance feedback regularly.
▪ Assist with and oversee the completion of Serious Occurrence Reports.
▪ Complete performance evaluations for facilitators.
▪ Maintain a current roster of community services/resources.
▪ Foster a collaborative and supportive relationship with Youth Probation services; inform and assist with referral process and conference on
client needs and program direction.
▪ Participate in the Youth Justice Advisory Committee meetings.
▪ Qualifications and skill requirements obtained through a combination of having a diploma or degree in a relevant field of study and a
minimum of five years experience of working with youth at risk.
▪ Experience with facilitation and supervision.
▪ Excellent knowledge of Youth Justice Sector, including applications of the YCJA, the range of local community services, and an advanced
understanding of the principles of evidenced-based, CBT programming, facilitation, and their application to address the risk/needs of youth.
▪ Ability to oversee staff and complete staff evaluations.
▪ Excellent oral/written communication and administrative skills.
▪ General office procedures including a working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and EMHware.
▪ Demonstrated ability to conference, troubleshoot and debrief with facilitators.
▪ Ability to effectively liaise with criminal justice partners.
▪ Strong organizational and time management skills, and willing to work flexible hours.
▪ Provide a Vulnerable Sector Check
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to Kerry Cole at [email protected]
St. Leonard’s thanks all applicants but only those receiving an interview will be contacted